Operations Officer (Assistant)
Job Title: Operations Officer (Assistant)
Job Type: Full Time
Duty Location: Washington D.C.
Obera LLC has an opening for an Assistant Operations Officer, possessing strong Law Enforcement experience, who can work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple simultaneous tasks supporting a 24/7 Communications Command Operations Center. The Assistant Operation Officer supports the Senior Operations Officer in all internal and external activities, management, administration, and logistics required to successfully maintain the Operations Center.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Enforce and maintain situational awareness of ongoing events that may affect supported government agencies.
- Provide continuous information sharing between internal and external stakeholders, knowledge management, communications, and reporting support through collaborative business processes.
- Recognize Critical Information Requirements, categorize and disseminate critical information to the appropriate responding personnel and customer stakeholders.
- Assist with local area special events planning.
- Assists the Senior Operations Officer with researching, preparing and coordinating training and equipment installation requirements for the operations center.
- Implement and enforce execution of workflow plans and work assignments and adjusting workloads to optimize Operations Center activities.
- Supports Crisis Operations Information Management using existing software tools and all other available information systems in the Operations Center.
- Follows local security procedures and supports Information Assurance (IA) requirements to ensure the security and integrity of the Operations Center.
- Maintains positive access control to the Operations Center.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and policy governing secure communications equipment and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience of progressively responsible experience in security or a related security field, of which:
- Two (2) years’ experience in operations centers, command center, or communications center operations and closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring
- One (1) years’ experience in a supervisory role (preferred)
- Associates degree or 2 years additional experience
- Direct knowledge of Law Enforcement and Emergency Responder program operations
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite Software
- US citizenship required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Speak and understand English fluently and possess strong communication skills
- All candidates must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation
- All candidates must pass a drug and alcohol screening
- May be required to work variable shifts as needed, at times during inclement weather and when necessary, work extended tours of duty without notice
- Active Security Clearance (preferred)
Some travel may be required up to 10%