Operations Officer (Senior)
Job Title: Operations Officer (Senior)
Job Type: Full Time
Duty Location: Washington D.C.
Obera LLC has an opening for a Senior Operations Officer, possessing strong Law Enforcement experience, who can work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple simultaneous tasks and act as the main interface with the client concerning ongoing real-world operations. The Senior Operations Officer is responsible for all internal and external activities, management, administration, and logistics required to successfully maintain a 24/7 Communications Command Operations Center.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and scheduling of operations center personnel
- Develop and maintain situational awareness of ongoing events that may affect supported government agencies.
- Provide continuous information sharing between internal and external stakeholders, knowledge management, communications, and reporting support through collaborative business processes.
- Recognize Critical Information Requirements, categorize and disseminate critical information to the appropriate responding personnel and customer stakeholders.
- Assist with local area special events planning
- Develop briefs, info e-mails, and other written products for senior-level customers.
- Assists with researching, preparing and coordinating training and equipment installation requirements for the operations center
- Responsible for development and execution of workflow plans and makes work assignments, adjusting workloads and adapting or modifying procedures to alleviate inefficiencies.
- Supports Crisis Operations Information Management using existing software tools and all other available information systems in the Operations Center.
- Maintains and tracks the status of equipment in the Operations Center.
- Follows local security procedures and supports Information Assurance (IA) requirements to ensure the security and integrity of the Operations Center.
- Maintains positive access control to the Operations Center.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and policy governing secure communications equipment and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Ten (10) years’ experience of progressively responsible experience in security or a related security field, of which:
- Five (5) years’ experience in operations centers, command center, or communications center operations and closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years additional experience
- Direct knowledge of Law Enforcement and Emergency Responder program operations
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite Software
- US citizenship required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Speak and understand English fluently and possess strong communication skills
- All candidates must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation
- All candidates must pass a drug and alcohol screening
- May be required to work variable shifts as needed, at times during inclement weather and when necessary, work extended tours of duty without notice
- Active Security Clearance (preferred)
Some travel may be required up to 10%