Job Title: Watch Operations
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time
Duty Location: Washington D.C.
Obera LLC has openings for Watch Operations personnel, possessing strong Law Enforcement experience, who can work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple simultaneous tasks supporting a 24/7 Communications Command Operations Center. Watch Operations personnel supports the customer through monitoring and responding to all internal and external activities and supports the logistics required to successfully maintain the Operations Center.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and maintain situational awareness of ongoing events that may affect supported government agencies.
- Provide continuous information to management to ensure internal and external stakeholders receive critical information.
- Recognize Critical Information Requirements, categorize and disseminate critical. information to the appropriate responding personnel and customer stakeholders.
- Assist with local area special events.
- Supports Crisis Operations Information Management using existing software tools and all other available information systems in the Operations Center.
- Follows local security procedures and supports Information Assurance (IA) requirements to ensure the security and integrity of the Operations Center.
- Maintains positive access control to the Operations Center.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and policy governing secure communications equipment and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Three (3) years’ experience of progressively responsible experience in security or a related security field, of which:
- One (1) years’ experience in operations centers, command center, or communications center operations and closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring
- Working knowledge of Law Enforcement and Emergency Responder program operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Software
- US citizenship required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Speak and understand English fluently and possess strong communication skills
- All candidates must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation
- All candidates must pass a drug and alcohol screening
- May be required to work variable shifts as needed, at times during inclement weather and when necessary, work extended tours of duty without notice
- Active Security Clearance (preferred)
Some travel may be required up to 10%